Monday, July 19, 2010

Darn it

My manuscript that's done needs me to edit the ending. I just feel it. I might work on this when I get energy today.

Then of course my new manuscript is beckoning me. My hero might need a few more flaws. He's rather remarkable right now. But I'm not figuring out flaws that would work. Now Charlotte, my heroine, in many ways seems to be a made up sister of mine at this point. I get her insecurities, weaknesses, etc. Does this have the same flow as my other manuscript? No, it's actually alot lighter. Lighter is good though romantic tension is still flowing. (My other novel my characters were fighting and growing alot more.) This novel has a sweeter feel to it, though it might just be because I haven't reached the planned blazing parts to it. Then of course there is the editing once it's done. I keep wanting to write and write and haven't reviewed with new eyes yet.

Lastly for me today is the conference! It's soon!!! I'm excited today again. I hope to meet other writers and really learn how to publish. Do I send my finished manuscript to editors with query letters? I'm feeling that it's better to get a feel at the conference for successful ways people go, and find my route that way. Or do I wait until September about that contest? And if I wait till September, that means finish my new manuscript.

Writing novels is actually alot more work but alot more rewarding than any fan fiction that I ever tried my hand at. And while I'm sticking with romance/women's literature as its what I read, perhaps one day I'll venture into sci fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment