Friday, July 16, 2010

Contest on Brava closed

I submitted my first full length novel to the Brava contest (http://www.bravaauthors.com/contest/brava-contest/). I did this two weeks ago and I'm feeling nervous today because it finally closed. No one hears anything until September, but it sounds like a fantastic way to really grow as an author. I am determined to write a publishable book this year and start a career that can keep my creative side. And I truly enjoyed writing that manuscript.

Now I'm in the midst of writing my second manuscript. I'm making this one shorter, but in no way less heartfelt. It's hard writing this one. I am writing Charlotte with alot of insecurities. So how she deals with all of this is truly struggling for me. I dealt with my own insecurites a long while back, so in part Charlotte is making me look back onto my own mistakes. Are characters supposed to help the author or does that make it to personal?!? I intend to write a publishable book where everyone understands and likes the characters. This book will go to Harlequin probably. Which line directly is still a mystery. It might fit quite a few. But I'm quite sure Charlotte will ultimately decide her own story.

No comments:

Post a Comment